Grape Kefir Instructions
Grape kefir grains or Kefir D’uva crystals are similar to milk or dairy kefir grains, however, this strain was received from the UK.
It is grown and cultured in organic grape juice. This is a great pro-biotic for kids, as it taste just like grape soda, with all the fuzziness.
We call it natural carbonation!
Very easy to make! Needs no refrigeration. After 10 to 24 hours a batch is finished, just strain out the kefir D’uva crystals and start a new batch with the above ingredients to start the process over again.
Our kefir d'uva grains are cultured in 100 % organic grape juice. Buy these kefir grains and make your own cultured juice!
1. Remove grains from the shipping package and place into a clean glass container w/ glass or plastic lid.
2. For your first batch, add 1 or 2 cups of organic grape juice to the grape kefir grains. You can use the juice straight or dilute with 1 part filtered water to 2 parts juice. This will allow the juice to make more batches as organic grape juice is somewhat expensive.
3. A batch should be ready in 10 to 24 hours. Start taste testing after 12 hours and stop the culturing cycle when it is to your liking.
4. Start the process over by pouring off the cultured juice and straining out the grains. There may be yeast sediment on the bottom of the jar that you’ll what to discard. Try not to pour this sediment out, as it will give a very yeasty taste.
Start a new round by following step 2 above.
1. If you don't make much of this culture, you can freeze the organic grape juice and water mixture in ice cube trays. Once frozen place the mixture in zip lock bag to keep fresh and protect from freezer burn. When ready to make a new batch just take out as many cubes as needed and place in a clean container with the grains. No need to thaw the cubes.
2. The cultured grape juice will get stronger with age and if the grains are left in the mixture. The cultured juice can become very yeasty and will taste like cheap wine. Keeping the finished cultured juice in the refrigerator will slow this process down.
3. To make larger batches follow the instructions as normal, however, when the juice is cultured add this and the grains to a quart or two of fresh grape juice.
4. Use organic grape juice only! Non-organic juice may contain sulfates and preservatives that may affect the grains viability or kill the grains outright. Fresh grape may be used, too.
Difficulty Level 1
Anyone can make this very easy cultured product. Simple to manage, just add grains to grape juice or fresh grapes w/ filtered water into a glass container. Leave at room temperature for 10 to 24 hours, or until bubbles start to form. Then remove grains from the cultured juice with a wooden or plastic spoon or strainer.
Got Culture Questions? Call the Culture Hotline...
Please Call 1+ 231.269.3261 Between 4PM - 8PM, GMT -5/EST. Copyright 2010-2016 Organic Cultures - Water Kefir Grains, Dairy Kefir Cultures, Kombucha/JUN strains, Japanese culture
spores for home food culturing.
Copyright protected under state, national, and international laws. All rights reserved. Images may be used/copied if www.organic-cultures.com
is quoted or linked as the source.
Contact webmaster at: webmaster (at) organic-cultures.com